NEXUS IS THE FUTURE. WE LOVE IT! - The ultimate all-terrain electric bike!
Let's talk about gears. Gears are needed to produce the power and torque a motor needs. What if the motor is so powerful such as the one in Telsa cars ? No gears required. Nexus Shimano 3 speeds is perfect for the road trip. One for the hill, one for the flat road and one more for the downhill and high speeds.
The more gears there are , the more complex the system becomes and hence the higher chance things go wrong. Shimano Nexus 3 is the strongest of all to handle the torque and simplest for the low maintenance and fast shifting. We really do not like shifting 11 times to go from the high to the low. XT Nexus is the closest thing to an "auto" e.bike with the least amount of things to worry about.
- Single speed chain is the strongest of all and handle the power and tear and wear much better.
- There is no "strange" side-way chain movement going up and down the cassette when under the load. The drive system lasts longer and the chain stays on the bike.
- Internal gears can shift standing still without pedaling (at traffic lights)
- Internal gears are hidden from the dirt, sand or oil ...
Note: Nexus has a clutch inside. Ease off the pedalling and motor power to safely shift between gears.
10 months in development: Designed, Engineered and Made in Australia
1500Watts or 2000Watts mid drive motor performance with our industry leading 52V battery packs
- Trying is believing. "This motor equipped with the torque sensor just feels so much better" - Daniel Djoenaidi (Sydney)
- Bafang G510/M620 uses tri-sensors to assist your ride including torque sensor, speed sensor & cadence sensor.
- The G510 motor core is physically larger than any motor out there. One will be utterly impressed by its uncompromising torque power - Up to 180N.m
- Top speed is 55kmh+
How does this motor compare with Bosch, Shimano, Brose, Yamaha.... ?
- The motor facilitates a wide range of power and fun from e-push bike to e-motorbike. Choices are buttons away.
- 10 levels of power settings cater all types of needs from the min assist to the motorbike experience.
- As intuitive as German/ Japanese motors with premium sensors inside
- Rather Quiet as well considering the amount power it outputs
- Unrestricted yet controlled pure madness this motor is with our exclusive firmware 52V/35A
E.bike Specific means better engineering, performance & durability
- Reinforced aluminum 6061 heavy duty frame made by a Taiwanese factory
- CNCed rear shock linkage designed in Taiwan and made for the e.bike weight and performance
- Custom built e.bike forks made by DNM in Taiwan with thicker material inside.
- All new E.bike specific German Schwalbe tyre
- (NEW) VOLT hydraulic 4-piston brakes with the integrated brake sensor - braking performance is on par with Shimano XT
- KMC X9E Chain 2x stronger than the already amazing X9 chain
- VOLT engineered dual chain guides to properly "lock up" the chain on the bike
- VOLT engineered 45kmh 6V front light & DUAL rear light wired into the battery & the brake system
VOLT Wireless Motor Remote - Engineered in Australia
VOLT Australia has successfully developed a wireless module to cut off the controller power with our partner in Japan and Bafang China. Without the remote, the thieves wouldn't be able to turn on the bike thus the bike would have no re-sale value. The module is embedded in the motor system. Riders can lock and unlock the controller wirelessly within 10 meters.
Who builds this bike for you ?
Each "XT" is hand-built by VOLT to our new 2019 manufacturing standard. Made in Australia.
- M620 /G510 Drive System with DP 18 color display (off road enduro riding ONLY)
- Battery - Downtube style with 3 bolts and soldered on holes to reduce the battery shake-ness
- Shimano Nexus 3 - Front 42T and Rear 18T
- Shimano derailleur is also installed acting as a chain tensioner and necessary because of the rear shock movement
- Hydraulic Brakes - Shimano MT200 with external brake sensor or VOLT 1.0 e.brakes
- Wheels - Custom made VOLT wide rim wheels with 32 spokes : Front thru axle 15mm. Rear QR.
- Tyre - Premium German SCHWALBE: Smart Sam Plus / Hans Dampf / Moto-X ...
- Fork - Air 120mm Travel Fork DNM 100mm x 15mm
- Rear Shock - Air DNM AO 42RC 120mm travel
- Integrated Drop-post - DNM CSD with a handle release button - Super convenient & optional
- Kick Stand - Heavy duty to support up tp 50kg - Important because of the added weight and delicate parts.
- Lights are included
You may also want to purchase:
- VOLT SYDNEY - Contact 0487 163 447
- VOLT Melbourne coming soon - Register your interest with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luna Mate - Perth, WA / Call to arrange a local test ride - 08 9303 9582
- Brisbane Electric Dirt Bike / Kal +61 403 260 779
- Interested in becoming our dealer in your city? Contact us at volt.eBike@gmail.com
NEXUS RIDING REVIEW
VOLT Team Riding a XT
VOLT Customer's Review of XT 2019 :)
Who are BAFANG Mid Drive ? Best & Only Powerful Mid Drive Motors
Most influential Brands of E.bike motors are Bosch (Germany), Brose (Germany), Shimano (Japan), Yamaha (Japan) and then the Bafang from China.
We have chosen Bafang for a few reasons. It is the most reputable, experienced and "strongest" manufacturer in China and more importantly, the only and best high current / power electric motor producer in the world. We also stock the full range of spare parts to provide on going support for our customers.
Bafang has a range of products. If you want a powerful motor, VOLT only recommends the reliable M620 & M615.
Why Choose VOLT 52V Lithium Engineered in Australia ?
52V is stronger than 48V. It taps out the "hidden" 8% power of a 48V motor system.
We have made and sold over 1000+ electric bike batteries. We are always in the process of improving the battery production & performance from customers' feedback. The feedback goes directly to our own VOLT operate factory in KunShan, China. We have engineered and made our own BMS in Shenzhen. They are compact & heavy duty. Our service team is rich in experience dealing with modern electric bike batteries.
Down-tube Battery Options with chargers
- (M) 12.5ah 52V 650watt-hour energy using CN cells. 2A charger / 7 hour charging time. Up to 60-80km
- (L) 14ah 52V 730watt-hour energy using Samsung cells. 5A charger / 3 hour charging time. Up to 80-90km
- (XL) 17.5ah 52v 910watt-hour energy using Samsung cells. 5A charger / 4 hour charging time. Up to 100-120km
Bicycle Size & Gear Question
Most motorcycles or scooters come in one size only. Ebikes with a powerful motor eliminate the need for too many different bicycle frame sizes. We use L size frames but we can install shorter or longer stems to accommodate shorter and taller riders. Leave us a note.
E-Power mades gears redundant. Electric bikes only need 3 - 5 gears just like a motorcycle or a car.
What makes us " Made in Australia"
Yes. Most parts are imported from Asia/ Europe. but many were to our own requirements and design. We believe in our idea of having the in-house production. It gives us the quality control and the learning ground to improve on engineering & performance. We've built the first 1000 e.bikes in Sydney. And, we will continue to built more.
Respect road laws. Only riding 250Watts(800W Peak) e.bikes on the public road or penalties apply.
ABOUT the WARRANTY
- What is covered under our one year warranty
- The whole motor and battery system
- The frame and most bike parts
- What is not covered ?
- Brake Pads
- Chain, Cassete (if apply), Gear tuning
- Wheel Truing
- What will void the warranty ?
- Modifying pre-set top speeds
- Modifying the parts without our approval
- Water damage
- Any external accidental breakage to any part
- Be aware. VOLT does not provide warranty for batteries with internally damaged cells. VOLT does not provide warranty for burnt-out controllers. Both are often caused by running the motor at the full power for too long.