Why Nexus Internal 3 Gears with the throttle option ? Are they enough ?
- Single speed chain is thicker and strongest of all so it rarely gets snapped apart under extreme stress.
- There is no side-way chain movement going up and down the cassette. The chain stays on the bike almost forever.
- Internal gears can shift standing still without pedaling (at traffic lights)
- Internal gears are hidden from the dirt, sand or salt ...
- However, smash repair is more complicated - requiring experience & they are not cheap.
Almost all e-cars & e-motorcycles choose the single speed set up. Why would you need gears if you have the absolute torque power which can be set differently by simply changing the motor rpm. Powerful VOLT e.bikes are set up in a way riders do not need more than 3 speeds to operate from 0 - 50kmh.
Less gears = less problems. Just imagine what will happen if a running motorcycle is having its chain jumping up and down on a cassette. Shimano (Japan) Nexus brings all the benefits of single speed set up. Note: Riders must stop pedaling for 1 sec while shifting the gear which also means you can shift the gear standstill.
10 months in development: Designed, Engineered and Made in Australia
Australia's first and exclusive mind-blowing 35amps controller
- Peaking 2000watts with our industry-leading 52V battery pack - producing unreal 180N.M of torque !
- Trying is believing. "This motor equipped with the torque sensor just feels so much better" - Daniel Djoenaidi (Sydney)
- Bafang G510/M620 uses tri-sensors to assist your ride including torque sensor, speed sensor & cadence sensor.
- The G510 motor core is physically larger than any motor out there - producing higher real-world torque numbers. One will be utterly impressed by its uncompromising torque power!
How does this motor compare with Bosch, Shimano, Brose, Yamaha.... ?
- The motor facilitates a wide range of power and fun from e-push bike to e-motorbike. Choices are buttons away.
- 10 levels of power settings cater all types of needs from the min assist to the motorbike experience.
- Equally intuitive with sensors purchased directly from German suppliers
- Quiet as well considering the amount power it outputs
- Unrestricted yet controlled pure madness this motor is. Our exclusive firmware 52V/35A is better than the stock 48V/30A version
E.bike Specific means better engineering, performance & durability
- Reinforced aluminum 6061 heavy duty frame made by a Taiwanese factory
- CNCed rear shock linkage designed in Taiwan and made for the e.bike weight and performance
- Custom built e.bike front forks made by DNM in Taiwan with thicker material and 160mm travel
- All new E.bike specific German Schwalbe tyre
- VOLT hydraulic brakes systems with the integrated brake sensor - braking performance is on par with Shimano XT
- KMC X9E Chain 2x stronger than the already amazing X9 chain
- VOLT engineered dual chain guides to properly "lock up" the chain on the bike
- VOLT engineered 45kmh 6V front light & rear light wired into the battery & the brake
VOLT Wireless Motor Remote
VOLT Australia has successfully developed a wireless module to cut off the controller power with our partner in Japan and Bafang China. Without the remote, the thieves wouldn't be able to turn on the bike thus the bike would have no re-sale value. The module is embedded in the motor system. Riders can lock and unlock the controller wirelessly within 10 meters.
Who builds this bike for you ?
Each "XT" is hand-built by VOLT to our new 2019 manufacturing standard. Made in Australia.
- M620 /G510 Drive System with DP 18 color display (off road enduro riding ONLY)
- Battery - Downtube style with 3 bolts and soldered on holes to reduce the battery shake-ness
- Shimano Nexus 3 - Front 42T and Rear 18T
- Shimano derailleur is also installed acting as a chain tensioner and necessary because of the rear shock movement
- Hydraulic Brakes - VOLT dual piston (1.0) with reliable motor cut-off built-in sensors
- Wheels - Custom made VOLT wide rim wheels with 32 spokes : Front thru axle 15mm. Rear QR.
- Tyre - Premium German SCHWALBE: Smart Sam Plus / Hans Dampf / Moto-X ...
- Fork - Air 120mm Travel Fork DNM 100mm x 15mm
- Rear Shock - Air DNM AO 42RC 120mm travel
- Integrated Drop-post - DNM CSD with a handle release button - Super convenient & optional
- Kick Stand - Heavy duty to support up tp 50kg - Important because of the added weight and delicate parts..
- Phone holder (Support 99% of phones) securely mounted in front of the bar to reduce unsafe head movement
- VOLT SYDNEY - Contact 0487 163 447
- VOLT Melbourne coming soon - Register your interest with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luna Mate - Perth, WA / Call to arrange a local test ride - 08 9303 9582
- Brisbane Electric Dirt Bike / Kal +61 403 260 779
- Interested in becoming our dealer in your city? Contact us at volt.eBike@gmail.com
Who are BAFANG ? Best & Only Powerful Mid Drive Motors
Most influential Brands of E.bike motors are Bosch (Germany), Brose (Germany), Shimano (Japan), Yamaha (Japan) and then the Bafang from China.
We have chosen Bafang for a few reasons. It is the most reputable, experienced and "strongest" manufacturer in China and more importantly, the only and best high current / power electric motor producer in the world.
- We import directly from the factory and we rebuilt the motor with better greasing and screws check in Sydney.
- We tune the motor controller with our own tested settings for the performance our customers want.
- We own and operate our own lithium battery assembly factory in KunShan, China to guarantee that the final quality check is up to our standard.
- We are also capable to strip down the motor and battery for the servicing and repair.
- We stock spare motor parts for our customers and dealers to provide our nation wide support.
On the market, there are also hub motor E.bikes which are cheaper but not better. No vehicles have motor built in their wheels. Mid drive = higher torque. A 250Watts mid drive e-bike produces much higher torque than a 250w hub e-bike and thus is better at acceleration, hill climbing and having fun.
Industry leading 52V Battery/ Range
Pairing a 52Volts battery with a 48V motor controller has numerous benefits. It is like bringing an adult to a teenage fight. The performance will be enhanced. The battery will bear less stress and produce less heat. The battery will remain potent for longer.
VOLT modern batteries have a Battery-Management-System (BMS) chip to regular and balance the charging and discharging for both performance and longevity. Our BMS chips (made in Shenzhen, China) are tested to be efficient and enduring.
Our range estimates are data collected from our customers. At the end of day, Battery watt-hour number is what's real.
Down-tube Battery Options:
- (L) 14ah 52V 730watt-hour energy using Samsung cells. 5A charger / 3 hour charging time. Up to 80-90km
- (XL) 17.5ah 52v 910watt-hour energy using Samsung cells. 5A charger / 4 hour charging time. Up to 100-120km
For the reference, Bosch or Shimano battery pack is 500watt-hour 36V.
Bicycle Size Question
Most motorcycles or scooters come in one size only. Ebikes with a powerful motor eliminate the need for different bicycle frame sizes. We mostly use M/L size frames but we can install shorter or longer stems to accommodate shorter and taller riders. Leave us a note when ordering.
The motor prefer a smaller 26inch wheel for the higher spinning speed but the (most) rider prefers a bigger 29inch/700c wheel for the pedaling speed. Thus, we settle down on 27.5inch wheels.
What makes us " Made in Australia"
We begun importing bike from China like most businesses. We used to check and rebuilt more than 50% of the "already built" bikes. Thus, we had the idea of hand-crafting e.bikes locally ourselves for an odd reason - to save time and money
Yes. All parts are imported from Asia/ Europe but many were to our requirements and design. We reflect on issues that thousands of our riders experienced. One example is that high-end bicycle parts are too fragile to bear the motor torque and "thicker" low end parts just do not perform well. To tackle the challenge, we have poured over a quarter of a million into custom making e.bike specific parts.
We believe what makes us "Made In Aus" is our engineering, assembly quality & service.
Why you should consider a dual suspension even if you do not do mountain biking ?
Respect road laws. Only riding 250Watts(800W Peak) e.bikes on the public road or penalties apply.
ABOUT the WARRANTY
- What is covered under our one year warranty
- The whole motor and battery system
- The frame and most bike parts
- What is not covered ?
- Brake Pads
- Cassete (if apply)
- Derailleur hanger
- Wheel Truing
- What will avoid the warranty ?
- Removing the off road speed limit of 50kmh
- Modifying the motor parts and controller on your own
- Modifying the our factory gear setting
- Water damage
- Any external accidental breakage to any part