10 months in development: Designed, Engineered and Made in Australia
1700Watts mid drive motor performance with our industry leading 52V battery packs
- Trying is believing. "This motor equipped with the torque sensor just feels so much better" - Daniel Djoenaidi (Sydney)
- Bafang G510/M620 uses tri-sensors to assist your ride including torque sensor, speed sensor & cadence sensor.
- The G510 motor core is physically larger than any motor out there - producing higher real-world torque numbers. One will be utterly impressed by its uncompromising torque power - 160N.M !
E.bike Specific means better engineering, performance & durability
- Reinforced aluminum 6061 heavy duty frame made by a Taiwanese factory
- CNCed rear shock linkage designed in Taiwan and made for the e.bike weight and performance
- All new E.bike specific German Schwalbe tyre
- Dual piston E.bike hydraulic brakes systems with the integrated brake sensor
All other brands are doing 10, 11 or 12 speed. Why is VOLT promoting the 6 or 7 speed ?
- 10 speed, 11 speed or the new 12 speed cassettes will 'die' so fast and your wallet may not be able to keep up.
- Their sprockets are thinner and the chains are thiner. During the development, we worn out two Shimano 10 speed and two 11 speed after about about 1000km of rides...
Why is VOLT blocking the lowest and the highest gears ?
- When you have the 35amps current and 58Volts peak power, the chain line has to be straight. The lowest gear (closest to the hub) pulls the chain at an acute angle and wears out the drive system unpleasantly.
- Again, the power of the motor just destroyed the 11-teeth sprocket after merely 500km of rides during our tests.
In fact, we wish we could custom build a 5 speed e.bike drive system for our mighty motor system.
Who builds this bike for you ?
Each "XT" is hand-built by VOLT to our new 2019 manufacturing standard. Made in Australia.
CASSETTE VERSION. Users are almost required to have some mountain bike experience before to operate this "monster".
- M620 /G510 Drive System (off road enduro riding ONLY)
- Top Speed 60+ kmh. Real world test result with 2.6inch off road tyre on a full suspension.
- Battery - Downtube style with 3 bolts and soldered on holes to reduce the battery shake-ness.
- Gears - 1 x 7 Speeds (13T -31T) Modified Shimano Altus 8 System with 11t blocked
- Chain - KMC E.bike X8 E.bike specific stronger chain
- Hydraulic Brakes - VOLT custom made dual piston (1st Generation) with reliable motor cut-off built-in sensors
- Wheels - Custom made VOLT Extra wide rim wheels with stainless steel spokes & quick releases.
- Tyre - Premium German SCHWALBE E.bike tyres
- Fork - VOLT mechanical coil suspension fork
- Rear Shock - DNM DV22AR shock
- Removable Kick Stand - Heavy duty to support up tp 50kg - Important because of the added weight and delicate parts..
Luna Mate - Perth, WA
Call to arrange a local test ride - 08 9303 9582
Interested in becoming our dealer ? Contact us at volt.eBike@gmail.com
Who are BAFANG ? Best & Only Powerful Mid Drive Motors
Most influential Brands of E.bike motors are Bosch (Germany), Brose (Germany), Shimano (Japan), Yamaha (Japan) and then the Bafang from China.
We have chosen Bafang for a few reasons. It is the most reputable, experienced and "strongest" manufacturer in China and more importantly, the only and best high current / power electric motor producer in the world.
- We import directly from the factory and we rebuilt the motor with better greasing and screws check in Sydney.
- We tune the motor controller with our own tested settings for the performance our customers want.
- We own and operate our own lithium battery assembly factory in KunShan, China to guarantee that the final quality check is up to our standard.
- We are also capable to strip down the motor and battery for the servicing and repair.
- We stock spare motor parts for our customers and dealers to provide our nation wide support.
On the market, there are also hub motor E.bikes. No vehicles have motor in their wheels for a reason. The mid drive motor send the power through the chain to facilitate the 7-11 gears. Having gears is beneficial. Climbing hills is more efficient (or possible)
Industry leading 52V Battery/ Range
Pairing a 52Volts battery with a 48V motor controller has numerous benefits. It is like bringing an adult to a teenage fight. The performance will be enhanced. The battery will bear less stress and produce less heat. The battery will remain potent for longer.
VOLT modern batteries have a Battery-Management-System (BMS) chip to regular and balance the charging and discharging for both performance and longevity. Our BMS chips (made in Shenzhen, China) are tested to be efficient and enduring.
Our range estimates are data collected from our customers. At the end of day, Battery watt-hour number is what's real.
Down-tube Battery Options:
- (M) 12.5ah 52V 650watt-hour energy using CN cells. 2.5A charger / 6 hour charging time. Up to 80-90km
For the reference, Bosch or Shimano battery pack is 500watt-hour 36V.
What's included in a battery pack ?
- Battery mount cradle
Bicycle Size Question
Most motorcycles or scooters come in one size only. Ebikes with a powerful motor eliminate the need for different bicycle frame sizes. We mostly use M/L size frames but we can install shorter or longer stems to accommodate shorter and taller riders. Leave us a note when ordering.
The motor prefer a smaller 26inch wheel for the higher spinning speed but the (most) rider prefers a bigger 29inch/700c wheel for the pedaling speed. Thus, we settle down on 27.5inch wheels.
What makes us " Made in Australia"
We begun importing bike from China like most businesses. We used to check and rebuilt more than 50% of the "already built" bikes. Thus, we had the idea of hand-crafting e.bikes locally ourselves for an odd reason - to save time and money
Yes. All parts are imported from Asia/ Europe but many were to our requirements and design. We reflect on issues that thousands of our riders experienced. One example is that high-end bicycle parts are too fragile to bear the motor torque and "thicker" low end parts just do not perform well. To tackle the challenge, we have poured over a quarter of a million into custom making e.bike specific parts.
We believe what makes us "Made In Aus" is our engineering, assembly quality & service.
ABOUT the WARRANTY
- What is covered under our one year warranty
- The whole motor and battery system
- The frame and most bike parts
- What is not covered ?
- Brake Pads
- Cassete (if apply)
- Derailleur hanger
- Wheel Truing
- What will avoid the warranty ?
- Removing the off road speed limit of 50kmh
- Modifying the motor parts and controller on your own
- Modifying the our factory gear setting
- Water damage
- Any external accidental breakage to any part
TEXT or CALL National Sales Team - 0487 163 447
"Videos" are available next to "Description"