10 months in development: Designed, Engineered and Made in Australia
1700Watts mid drive motor performance with our industry leading 52V battery packs
- Trying is believing. "This motor equipped with the torque sensor just feels so much better" - Daniel Djoenaidi (Sydney)
- Bafang G510/M620 uses tri-sensors to assist your ride including torque sensor, speed sensor & cadence sensor.
- The G510 motor core is physically larger than any motor out there - producing higher real-world torque numbers. One will be utterly impressed by its uncompromising torque power - 160N.M !
How does this motor compare with Bosch, Shimano, Brose, Yamaha.... ?
- The motor facilitates a wide range of power and fun from e-push bike to e-motorbike. Choices are buttons away.
- 10 levels of power settings cater all types of needs from the min assist to the motorbike experience.
- Equally intuitive with sensors purchased directly from German suppliers
- Quiet as well considering the amount power it outputs
E.bike Specific means better engineering, performance & durability
- Reinforced aluminum 6061 heavy duty frame made by a Taiwanese factory
- CNCed rear shock linkage designed in Taiwan and made for the e.bike weight and performance
- All new E.bike specific German Schwalbe tyre
- Dual piston E.bike hydraulic brakes systems with the integrated brake sensor
Other brands are doing 10, 11 or 12 speed. Why is VOLT promoting fewer gears?
- Lots of gears aren't the solution but the problem.
- 10 speed, 11 speed or the new 12 speed cassettes simply can not handle the motor power with their thinner design. During the development, best 10 and 11 speed cassettes on the market got worn out pre-maturely.
- Besides, E-riders will find themselves only using 3-5 gears 99% of the time.
- Another issue is that the chain line really should be straight when you are talking about 2000watts of power. The lowest gear and the highest gear pull the chain offer the centre (by design) and this is causing much stress to the whole gear system.
- E-cars and E-motorcycles are almost all single speeds for good reasons - the cleaner and gutter-free set up and the very innate advantage of e-motors. No gears are required.
Who builds this bike for you ?
Each "XT" is hand-built by VOLT to our new 2019 manufacturing standard. Made in Australia.
CASSETTE VERSION. Users are almost required to have some mountain bike experience before to operate this "monster".
- M620 /G510 Drive System (off road enduro riding ONLY)
- Top Speed 60+ kmh. Real world test result with 2.6inch off road tyre on a full suspension.
- Battery - Downtube style with 3 bolts and soldered on holes to reduce the battery shake-ness.
- Gears - 1 x 7 Speeds (13T -31T) Modified Shimano Altus 8 System with 11t blocked
- Chain - KMC E.bike X8 E.bike specific stronger chain
- Hydraulic Brakes - VOLT custom made ( 1.0) with reliable motor cut-off built-in sensors
- Wheels - Custom made VOLT Extra wide rim wheels with stainless steel spokes & quick releases.
- Tyre - Premium German SCHWALBE E.bike tyres
- Fork - VOLT Coil 100mm travel suspension fork
- Rear Shock - DNM DV22AR oil shock 100mm travel
- Removable Kick Stand - Heavy duty to support up tp 50kg - Important because of the added weight and delicate parts..
- VOLT SYDNEY - Contact 0487 163 447
- VOLT Melbourne coming soon - Register your interest with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luna Mate - Perth, WA / Call to arrange a local test ride - 08 9303 9582
- Brisbane Electric Dirt Bike / Kal +61 403 260 779
- Interested in becoming our dealer in your city? Contact us at volt.eBike@gmail.com
Who are BAFANG ? Best & Only Powerful Mid Drive Motors
Most influential Brands of E.bike motors are Bosch (Germany), Brose (Germany), Shimano (Japan), Yamaha (Japan) and then the Bafang from China.
We have chosen Bafang for a few reasons. It is the most reputable, experienced and "strongest" manufacturer in China and more importantly, the only and best high current / power electric motor producer in the world.
- We import directly from the factory and we rebuilt the motor with better greasing and screws check in Sydney.
- We tune the motor controller with our own tested settings for the performance our customers want.
- We own and operate our own lithium battery assembly factory in KunShan, China to guarantee that the final quality check is up to our standard.
- We are also capable to strip down the motor and battery for the servicing and repair.
- We stock spare motor parts for our customers and dealers to provide our nation wide support.
On the market, there are also hub motor E.bikes which are cheaper but not better. No vehicles have motor built in their wheels. Mid drive = higher torque. A 250Watts mid drive e-bike produces much higher torque than a 250w hub e-bike and thus is better at acceleration, hill climbing and having fun.
Industry leading 52V Battery/ Range
Pairing a 52Volts battery with a 48V motor controller has numerous benefits. It is like bringing an adult to a teenage fight. The performance will be enhanced. The battery will bear less stress and produce less heat. The battery will remain potent for longer.
VOLT modern batteries have a Battery-Management-System (BMS) chip to regular and balance the charging and discharging for both performance and longevity. Our BMS chips (made in Shenzhen, China) are tested to be efficient and enduring.
Our range estimates are data collected from our customers. At the end of day, Battery watt-hour number is what's real.
Down-tube Battery Options:
- (M) 12.5ah 52V 650watt-hour energy using CN cells. 2.5A charger / 6 hour charging time. Up to 80-90km
For the reference, Bosch or Shimano battery pack is 500watt-hour 36V.
What's included in a battery pack ?
- Battery mount cradle
Bicycle Size Question
Most motorcycles or scooters come in one size only. Ebikes with a powerful motor eliminate the need for different bicycle frame sizes. We mostly use M/L size frames but we can install shorter or longer stems to accommodate shorter and taller riders. Leave us a note when ordering.
The motor prefer a smaller 26inch wheel for the higher spinning speed but the (most) rider prefers a bigger 29inch/700c wheel for the pedaling speed. Thus, we settle down on 27.5inch wheels.
What makes us " Made in Australia"
We begun importing bike from China like most businesses. We used to check and rebuilt more than 50% of the "already built" bikes. Thus, we had the idea of hand-crafting e.bikes locally ourselves for an odd reason - to save time and money
Yes. All parts are imported from Asia/ Europe but many were to our requirements and design. We reflect on issues that thousands of our riders experienced. One example is that high-end bicycle parts are too fragile to bear the motor torque and "thicker" low end parts just do not perform well. To tackle the challenge, we have poured over a quarter of a million into custom making e.bike specific parts.
We believe what makes us "Made In Aus" is our engineering, assembly quality & service.
Respect road laws. Riding off road e.bikes will lead to penalties
ABOUT the WARRANTY
- What is covered under our one year warranty
- The whole motor and battery system
- The frame and most bike parts
- What is not covered ?
- Brake Pads
- Cassete (if apply)
- Derailleur hanger
- Wheel Truing
- What will avoid the warranty ?
- Removing the off road speed limit of 50kmh
- Modifying the motor parts and controller on your own
- Modifying the our factory gear setting
- Water damage
- Any external accidental breakage to any part
TEXT or CALL National Sales Team - 0487 163 447