VOLT ST. Made in Australia
Featuring A purposely-built frame to house the battery and now the integrated and mid drive motor M400 with tri-sensors. This bike is clean, well thought and superb in motion.
The bike is designed to offer a new type of riding experience. Suspension in the seat post coupled with wide tyre offer the comfort for long riding. Integrated Motor and battery in a custom made frame shed off the cluster and focus on the scenery. Custom built front and rear braking lights along with powerful brakes offer the safety of a motorcycle.
Why this bike ? Only 2 left.
- Quiet and integrated mid drive motor
- Smooth and intuitive riding with its torque sensor
- Exclusive thumb throttle Control
- Exclusive 900Watts Peak power with a 17amps 48V controller - providing 90+N.M of torque
- 45kmh off road speed capability with rider's pedaling
- A glimpse of the future with integrated battery, motor, lights ...
Why is the throttle control exclusive ?
- Most Bafang motors come with a throttle option but NOT this model M400 (also known as max drive). A few other brands also sell e.bikes with the same motor and no throttle access.
- VOLT engineer team worked on the firmware for weeks before successfully altered the firmware of the controller to add the throttle function.
How does it compare with Bosch or Shimano or Yamaha?
- Bafang is known for its kick-ass powerful motors; however, this M400 road legal motor is in the same class of Bosch, Shimano ...
- VOLT tunes up the motor a bit & the max torque is around 90N.m ( more than Bosch's 75 N.M)
- The motor can support the rider up to 45kmh. Private property only.
- The motor uses 3 sensors including the torque sensor to power up the ride (same as Bosch). The feeling is premium mostly due to Bafang ended up buying all the sensors from its Germany supplier to have avoided any legalities.
- In conclusion, we think this M400 Bafang motor offers a premium & unrestricted experience at two thirds of "the price".
Built to Order. Made in Australia
Proudly VOLT E. with two year warranty on the M400 E Bike system
Standard Version. Road Legal.
- M400 Bafang Motor with tri-sensors
- Front ChainRing 38T. Off road top speed 40+kmh.
- Gears - 1 x 8 Speeds Modified Shimano Altus with 11T blocked
- Gear Sensor - included to cut the motor power to protect the chain and cassette
- Brakes - Custom made HYDRAULIC Brakes with reliable built in power cut-off sensor
- Wheels - Custom made VOLT Extra wide rim wheels (Stronger) with stainless steel 27.5inch
- Tyre - SCHWALBE Premium German Tyre - 27.5 x 2.0 Big Ben Gravel Tyre
- Fork - Custom made Coil Suspension 100mm Travel with Lock out
- Kick Stand INCLUDED - Heavy duty to support up tp 50kg - Important because of the added weight and delicate parts.
- Satori Seat Post Suspension is highly recommended for extra comfort. Additional payment required.
- Super Bright 6V VOLT designed Front light wired into the battery. Additional payment required.
- V. Designed Phone holder (Support 99% of phones) securely mounted in front of the bar to reduce unsafe head movement. Additional payment required.
Who are BAFANG ? Best & Only Powerful Mid Drive Motors
Most influential Brands of E.bike motors are Bosch (Germany), Brose (Germany), Shimano (Japan), Yamaha (Japan) and then the Bafang from China.
We have chosen Bafang for a few reasons. It is the most reputable, experienced and "strongest" manufacturer in China and more importantly, the only and best high current / power electric motor producer in the world.
- We import directly from the factory and we rebuilt the motor with better greasing and screws check in Sydney.
- We tune the motor controller with our own tested settings for the performance our customers want.
- We own and operate our own lithium battery assembly factory in KunShan, China to guarantee that the final quality check is up to our standard.
- We are also capable to strip down the motor and battery for the servicing and repair.
- We stock spare motor parts for our customers and dealers to provide our nation wide support.
On the market, there are also hub motor E.bikes. No vehicles have motor in their wheels for a reason. The mid drive motor send the power through the chain to facilitate the 7-11 gears. Having gears is beneficial. Climbing hills is more efficient (or possible)
Motor Name M400 ( 4 year + old Model)
- Pedal Assist only BAFANG G330 motor.
- 17amps controller
- Tri-sensors: Torque, Speed, Cadence
Engineered In Australia 48V Battery/ Range
VOLT modern batteries have a Battery-Management-System (BMS) chip to regular and balance the charing and discharging for both performance and longevity. Our BMS chips (Made in Shenzhen, China) have already been tested to be efficient and enduring.
Our range estimates are data collected from our customers and are not random numbers. At the end of day, Battery watt-hour number is what's real.
"Spark" uses 48V integrated batteries (not 52V)
- 12.5Ah 48V CN Cells 600Wh. On average riders can get up to 60km range
- 17.5Ah 48V Samsung Cells 840Wh. Up to 100Km Range.
- 21ah 48V Panasonic Cells 1000Wh. Up to 140Km Range. Please be aware this case is physically larger than other two sizes.
For the reference, Bosch or Shimano battery pack is 500watt-hour 36V.
What's included in a battery pack ?
- Battery mount cradle
Bicycle Size & Gear Question
Most motorcycles or scooters come in one size only. Ebikes with a powerful motor eliminate the need for different bicycle frame sizes. We use L size frames but we can install shorter or longer stems to accommodate shorter and taller riders. Leave us a note.
Similarly, most cars or motorcycles would not have more than 5 gears, it is true for ebikes as well. E-bikes actually do not need more than 5. We have chosen 8/9 speeds because no manufacturer is making 5 speeds drive systems.
VOLT Chain guide is the ultimate solution to keep the chain stay on the chainring. Expensive Aftermarket Lekkie Bling rings are not effective. Also, all newer version Bafang motors come with narrow wide chainrings by default. Hence, we highly recommend the chain guide to prevent chain falling off and get sucked into any gaps and break things apart especially under the full motor power.
What makes us " Made in Australia"
We often see disbelief in people's expression. Our first batch of generic e.bikes imported from Hangzhou, China had so many small issues. We pretty much rebuilt every one of them. Thus, we had the idea of hand-crafting e.bikes locally ourselves for an odd reason - to save time and money
Yes. All parts are imported from Asia/ Euro but many were to our requirements and design. And what we want to see from the parts is a reflection of we have learnt from hand-building over 1000+ e.bikes and innate issues surrounding e.bikes. One example is that high-end bicycle parts are too fragile to bear the motor torque and "thicker" low end parts just do not perform well. We have poured over a quarter of a million into custom making e.bike specific parts.
We believe what makes us "Made In Aus" is our engineering, assembly quality & service.
TEXT or CALL National Sales Team - 0487 163 447