Why this bike ?
- Quiet and integrated mid drive motor
- Smooth and intuitive torque sensor riding
- A glimpse of the future with the integrated battery, motor, lights and gears
- world-leading 1600watts of power; capable of tackling the steepest hill fast
- Up to 160NM of torque; 55kmh flat road top speed
- Within 6 months, we have manufactured and sold nearly 120 ST. Join the team :)
VOLT ST NEXUS
Featuring purposely-built frame to house the battery and now the integrated and almighty mid drive motor M620 (G510) with tri-sensors. This bike is clean, well thought and superb in motion.
The bike is designed to offer a new type of vehicle experience. Suspension in the seat post coupled with wide tyre offer the comfort for long riding. Integrated Motor and battery in a custom made frame shed off the cluster and focus on the scenery. Custom built front and rear braking lights along with powerful brakes offer the safety of a motorcycle.
Why Nexus / Internal Gears?
- A cleaner look
- Single speed chain is thicker and strongest of all so it rarely gets snapped under extreme stress.
- There is no side-way chain movement going up and down the cassette. The chain stays on the bike almost forever.
- Internal gear system itself and the chain suffer from less tear and wear, last longer and require less maintenance.
- Internal gears can shift standing still without pedaling (at traffic lights)
- Simple selection 3 gears: climbing (not an issue when pairing any 1000W+ motor), cruising and downhill
- Internal gears are hidden from the dirt.
On the other hand,
- Smash repair is more complicated - requiring experience.
- Parts are costlier
In the context of super powerful e.bike riding, internal gears are just better in terms of reliability, usage and appearance.
Mighty G510 Mid Drive Motor
- Trying is believing. "This motor equipped with the torque sensor just feels so much better" - Daniel Djoenaidi (Sydney)
- Bafang G510/M620 uses tri-sensors to assist your ride including torque sensor, speed sensor & cadence sensor.
- G510 motor core is physically larger than any motor out there - producing higher real-world torque numbers. One will be utterly impressed by its real world uncompromising torque power!
Who engineered the bike and will build your next bike ?
Each "ST" is hand-built by VOLT to our new 2019 manufacturing standard. Made in Australia.
Premium Version （2019）NEXUS version Up to 14 days of processing time;
- M620 Drive System
- Top Speed 50+ kmh
- Gears - 1 x 3 Shimano Nexus Internal Gears. Clean look. Great for commuting.
- Chain - KMC Ebike chain Z1e = 2x stronger
- Hydraulic Brakes - VOLT custom made 2.0 with reliable built-in sensors
- Wheels - Custom made VOLT extra wide rim wheels : Front thru axle 15mm. Rear QR.
- Tyre - SCHWALBE Premium tyre
- Fork - VOLT Thru axle 15mm Front AIR SUSPENSION with 120mm travel and lockout
- Shipping Size: 145cm x 80cm x 20cm
- Kick Stand INCLUDED - Heavy duty to support up tp 50kg - Important because of the added weight and delicate parts.
- Satori Seat Post Suspension INCLUDED is highly recommended for extra comfort.
- Suntour Superb Seat Post Suspension for people who wishes for "the best"
- Super Bright 6V VOLT designed INCLUDED Front light wired into the battery & mounted on the bar for the convenience
- V. Designed Phone holder INCLUDED securely mounted in front of the bar to reduce unsafe head movement
Who are BAFANG ? Best & Only Powerful Mid Drive Motors
Most influential Brands of E.bike motors are Bosch (Germany), Brose (Germany), Shimano (Japan), Yamaha (Japan) and then the Bafang from China.
We have chosen Bafang for a few reasons. It is the most reputable, experienced and "strongest" manufacturer in China and more importantly, the only and best high current / power electric motor producer in the world.
- We import directly from the factory and we rebuilt the motor with better greasing and screws check in Sydney.
- We tune the motor controller with our own tested settings for the performance our customers want.
- We own and operate our own lithium battery assembly factory in KunShan, China to guarantee that the final quality check is up to our standard.
- We are also capable to strip down the motor and battery for the servicing and repair.
- We stock spare motor parts for our customers and dealers to provide our nation wide support.
On the market, there are also hub motor E.bikes. No vehicles have motor in their wheels for a reason. The mid drive motor send the power through the chain to facilitate the 7-11 gears. Having gears is beneficial. Climbing hills is more efficient (or possible)
Engineered In Australia 48V Battery/ Range
VOLT modern batteries have a Battery-Management-System (BMS) chip to regular and balance the charing and discharging for both performance and longevity. Our BMS chips (Made in Shenzhen, China) have already been tested to be efficient and enduring.
Our range estimates are data collected from our customers and are not random numbers. At the end of day, Battery watt-hour number is what's real.
"Spark" uses 48V integrated batteries (not 52V)
- 12.5Ah 48V CN Cells 600Wh. On average, riders can get up to 60km range
- 17.5Ah 48V Samsung Cells 840Wh. Up to 100Km Range.
- 21ah 48V Panasonic Cells 1000Wh. Up to 140Km Range. Please be aware this case is physically larger than other two sizes.
For the reference, Bosch or Shimano battery pack is 500watt-hour 36V.
What's included in a battery pack ?
- Battery mount cradle
Bicycle Size Question
Most motorcycles or scooters come in one size only. Ebikes with a powerful motor eliminate the need for different bicycle frame sizes. We mostly use M/L size frames but we can install shorter or longer stems to accommodate shorter and taller riders. Leave us a note when ordering.
The motor prefer a smaller 26inch wheel for the higher spinning speed but the (most) rider prefers a bigger 29inch/700c wheel for the pedaling speed. Thus, we settle down on 27.5inch wheels.
What makes us " Made in Australia"
We begun importing bike from China like most businesses. We used to check and rebuilt more than 50% of the "already built" bikes. Thus, we had the idea of hand-crafting e.bikes locally ourselves for an odd reason - to save time and money
Yes. All parts are imported from Asia/ Europe but many were to our requirements and design. We reflect on issues that thousands of our riders experienced. One example is that high-end bicycle parts are too fragile to bear the motor torque and "thicker" low end parts just do not perform well. To tackle the challenge, we have poured over a quarter of a million into custom making e.bike specific parts.
We believe what makes us "Made In Aus" is our engineering, assembly quality & service.
ABOUT the WARRANTY
- What is covered under our one year warranty
- The whole motor and battery system
- The frame and most bike parts
- What is not covered ?
- Brake Pads
- Cassete (if apply)
- Derailleur hanger
- Wheel Truing
- What will avoid the warranty ?
- Removing the off road speed limit of 50kmh
- Modifying the motor parts and controller on your own
- Modifying the our factory gear setting
- Water damage
- Any external accidental breakage to any part
TEXT or CALL National Sales Team - 0487 163 447