Norco Storm designed in Canada now custom rebuilt by VOLT is a perfect entry electric bike. It is a strong and rigid bike as what it is. Ideal for commuters, delivery people who are looking for a budget but reliable E. Bike.
Australia's only and exclusive 35amps 52V Bafang motor performance !
- Crazily powerful 2000watts performance - engineered by VOLT Australia
- Standard M615 BBSHD has 160N.M of Torque; VOLT tuned controller has nearly 180N.m of torque
- Fine-tuned VOLT pedal settings for an intuitive feedback from the motor
- Industry leading 52V powerful battery pack
Why Nexus / Internal Gears?
- A cleaner look
- Single speed chain is thicker and strongest of all so it rarely gets snapped under extreme stress.
- There is no side-way chain movement going up and down the cassette. The chain stays on the bike almost forever.
- Internal gear system itself and the chain suffer from less tear and wear, last longer and require less maintenance.
- Internal gears can shift standing still without pedaling (at traffic lights)
- Simple selection 3 gears: climbing (not an issue when pairing any 1000W+ motor), cruising and downhill
- Internal gears are hidden from the dirt - better for off road use.
On the other hand,
- Smash repair is more complicated - requiring experience.
- Parts are costlier
In the context of super powerful e.bike riding, internal gears are just better in terms of reliability, usage and appearance.
Built to Order ( 2 - 7 days )
- M615 Mid Drive Motor System with C18 Colour Multifunctional Display - Speed, Range, Battery life... / old name BBSHD
- Front Suspension - Hydraulic Coil system - Necessary for a bike weighing nearly 23-25kg.
- Gear - Shimano Nexus 3 with 18T
- Brakes - custom made Hydraulic Oil Brakes with motor cut off sensors
- Wheels - 27.5 WTB quality Norco wheels
- Tyre - 27.5 x 2.0 WTB tyre / Schwalbe Tyre Upgrade avail
- 6061 Frame
- Kick Stand INCLUDED - Heavy duty to support up tp 50kg - Important because of the added weight and delicate parts.
- Seat Post Suspension is highly recommended to replace stock rigid post for commuting with extra comfort.
- Super Bright 6V VOLT designed Front light wired into the battery and securely mounted on the bar for the convenience
- V. Designed Phone holder (Support 99% of phones) securely mounted in front of the bar to reduce unsafe head movement
Who are BAFANG ? Best & Only Powerful Mid Drive Motors
Most influential Brands of E.bike motors are Bosch (Germany), Brose (Germany), Shimano (Japan), Yamaha (Japan) and then the Bafang from China.
We have chosen Bafang for a few reasons. It is the most reputable, experienced and "strongest" manufacturer in China and more importantly, the only and best high current / power electric motor producer in the world.
- We import directly from the factory and we rebuilt the motor with better greasing and screws check in Sydney.
- We tune the motor controller with our own tested settings for the performance our customers want.
- We own and operate our own lithium battery assembly factory in KunShan, China to guarantee that the final quality check is up to our standard.
- We are also capable to strip down the motor and battery for the servicing and repair.
- We stock spare motor parts for our customers and dealers to provide our nation wide support.
On the market, there are also hub motor E.bikes. No vehicles have motor in their wheels for a reason. The mid drive motor send the power through the chain to facilitate the 7-11 gears. Having gears is beneficial. Climbing hills is more efficient (or possible)
Industry leading 52V Battery/ Range
Pairing a 52Volts battery with a 48V motor controller has numerous benefits. It is like bringing an adult to a teenage fight. The performance will be enhanced. The battery will bear less stress and produce less heat. The battery will remain potent for longer.
VOLT modern batteries have a Battery-Management-System (BMS) chip to regular and balance the charing and discharging for both performance and longevity. Our BMS chips (Made in Shenzhen, China) have already been tested to be efficient and enduring.
Our range estimates are data collected from our customers and are not random numbers. At the end of day, Battery watt-hour number is what's real.
Down-tube Battery Options Available for this model:
- (S) 10ah 52v 520watt-hour energy using CN cells. 2A charger / 6 hour charging time. Up to 50-60km
- (XL) 17.5ah 52v 910watt-hour energy using Samsung cells. 5A charger / 4 hour charging time. Up to 100-120km
For the reference, Bosch or Shimano battery pack is 500watt-hour 36V.
What's included in a battery pack ?
- Battery mount cradle
Bicycle Size & Gear Question
Most motorcycles or scooters come in one size only. Ebikes with a powerful motor eliminate the need for different bicycle frame sizes. We use L size frames but we can install shorter or longer stems to accommodate shorter and taller riders. Leave us a note.
Similarly, most cars or motorcycles would not have more than 5 gears, it is true for ebikes as well. E-bikes actually do not need more than 5. We have chosen 8/9 speeds because no manufacturer is making 5 speeds drive systems.
VOLT Chain guide is the ultimate solution to keep the chain stay on the chainring. Expensive Aftermarket Lekkie Bling rings are not effective. Also, all newer version Bafang motors come with narrow wide chainrings by default. Hence, we highly recommend the chain guide to prevent chain falling off and get sucked into any gaps and break things apart especially under the full motor power.
What makes us " Made in Australia"
We often see disbelief in people's expression. Our first batch of generic e.bikes imported from Hangzhou, China had so many small issues. We pretty much rebuilt every one of them. Thus, we had the idea of hand-crafting e.bikes locally ourselves for an odd reason - to save time and money
Yes. All parts are imported from Asia/ Euro but many were to our requirements and design. And what we want to see from the parts is a reflection of we have learnt from hand-building over 1000+ e.bikes and innate issues surrounding e.bikes. One example is that high-end bicycle parts are too fragile to bear the motor torque and "thicker" low end parts just do not perform well. We have poured over a quarter of a million into custom making e.bike specific parts.
We believe what makes us "Made In Aus" is our engineering, assembly quality & service. What do you think ?
TEXT or CALL National Sales Team - 0487 163 447