In Stock! Contact us Now
- Road Legal Motor 250W /90N.m Torque / Peak 1000watts
- Designed and engineered in Sydney Australia (home brewed)
- Tested, refined & made in Australia. You won't find another bike at this quality level at the price range.
- Powerful 52V battery pack
- Newly designed frame to natively support nexus internal gear
- Light & Strong frame
- Improved E-hydraulic system
- Agile ride for the fun
- External battery for the easy removing
- VOLT engineered alarm system built-in. No one is taking bike theft as seriously as we are.
VOLT Team is the true pioneer in e.bike technology in Australia.
NEXUS IS THE FUTURE. WE LOVE IT!
Let's talk about gears. Gears are needed to produce the power and torque a motor needs. What if the motor is so powerful such as the one in Telsa cars ? No gears required. Nexus Shimano 3 speeds is perfect for the road trip. One for the hill, one for the flat road and one more for the downhill and high speeds.
The more gears there are , the more complex the system becomes and hence the higher chance things go wrong. Shimano Nexus 3 is the strongest of all to handle the torque and simplest for the low maintenance and fast shifting. We really do not like shifting 11 times to go from the high to the low. Mid Drive Motor + Nexus is the closest thing to an "auto" e.bike with the least amount of things to worry about.
- Single speed chain is the strongest of all and handle the power and tear and wear much better.
- There is no "strange" side-way chain movement going up and down the cassette when under the load. The drive system lasts longer and the chain stays on the bike.
- Internal gears can shift standing still without pedaling (at traffic lights)
- Internal gears are hidden from the dirt, sand or oil ...
Note: Nexus has a clutch inside. Ease off the pedalling and motor power to safely shift between gears.
NEXUS RIDING REVIEW
Who builds this bike for you ?
Each "ST" is hand-built by VOLT in Australia. This is something no others are doing.
- M400 /G330 Drive System Bafang road legal motor system with both pedal torque and throttle control (world exclusive toVOLT)
- Battery - Downtube style with 3 bolts and soldered on holes to reduce the battery shake-ness.
- Suspensions: VOLT coil Fork suspension or rigid fork option available
- Gears - 1 x 3 Speeds Shimano Nexus 3 with 16t sprocket at the back.
- Chain - KMC Single speed chain
- Dual Piston Hydraulic Brakes - VOLT custom made (1.0) with reliable motor cut-off built-in sensors
- Wheels - Custom made Mavic rim 29er wheels with quick releases.
- E.bike Specific Tyre - Schwable Big Apple or Hans Dampf 29 x 2.4 with improved puncture protection.
- Front light is installed and wired to the battery. LED Rear light is not included and can be purchased
- Alarm is installed and wired to the battery. Warning: Alarm uses the battery energy. Storing the bike for months with the alarm ON should be avoided.
- Removable Kick Stand
- Mud Guard is not included.
You may want to purchase:
About the M400 motor
VOLT boosts up the power from 13amps to 17amps and 48V to 52V. Now the motor pumps up to 90N.m of torque and 1000watts of power. VOLT also upgraded the firmware to support the throttle for the added convenience. However this motor is not suitable for throttle only riding. The top motor speed is around 40-45km on the flat roads but the e.bike law only allows for 25kmh.
The mid-drive motor measures sensors at pedals at a frequency of up to 80k Hz via a torque sensor and two speed sensors. The result is that "the harder you push , the more more power you get from the motor. The M400 Drive System puts the rider in complete control. In spite of the power, the motor operates in virtual silence. The modular motor design and integrated controller make disassembly easier and improve service.