POWER YOUR JOURNEY
All new 2020 VOLT ST.1000 is an all-around electric bike. We still chose the external pack design because it gives customers three battery options. The internal gear is the future of e.bikes and we are on the front line. Bafang M400 is powerful and road legal motor that is also quieter than competition.
- Road Legal Motor 250W /90N.m Torque / Peak 1000watts
- VOLT engineered alarm system built-in. No one is taking bike theft as seriously as we are.
- Designed and engineered in Sydney Australia (home brewed)
- Tested, refined & made in Australia. You won't find another bike at this quality level at the price range.
- Powerful 52V battery pack
- Newly designed frame to natively support nexus internal gear
- Light & Strong frame
- Improved E-hydraulic system
- Agile ride for the fun
- External battery for the easy removing
VOLT Team is the true pioneer in e.bike technology in Australia.
NEXUS IS THE FUTURE. WE LOVE IT!
Let's talk about gears. A cassette (gears) is needed to help the ebike motor to extend the power range. However, the Nexus Shimano Internal Gear system is a much better choice for ebike systems!
- Nexus uses the single speed chain which is the strongest of all bike chains to handle the tear and wear.
- There is no "strange" side-way chain movement going up and down the cassette when under the load.
- Power delivery is more smooth & efficient as the chain line remains straight.
- Internal gears can shift standing still without pedaling (at traffic lights)
- Internal gears are hidden from the dirt, sand or oil ...
- A cassette system will need to be replaced every 3-6 months due to the motor power. NEXUS should last years if safely used.
Note: Nexus has a clutch inside. Ease off the pedalling and stop the motor power to safely shift between gears.
NEXUS RIDING REVIEW
Who builds this bike for you ?
Each "ST" is hand-built by VOLT in Australia. This is something no others are doing.
- M400 /G330 Drive System Bafang road legal motor system with both pedal torque and throttle control (world exclusive to VOLT)
- Battery - Downtube style with 3 bolts and soldered on holes to reduce the battery shake-ness.
- Suspensions: VOLT coil Fork suspension with lock out. You can lock the suspension for a rigid riding feel.
- Gears - 1 x 3 Speeds Shimano Nexus 3 with 16t sprocket at the back.
- Chain - KMC Single speed chain
- Dual Piston Hydraulic Brakes - VOLT custom made (1.0) with reliable motor cut-off built-in sensors
- Wheels - Custom made Mavic rim 29er wheels with quick releases.
- E.bike Specific Tyre - Schwalbe Big Apple or Hans Dampf 29 x 2.4 with improved puncture protection.
- Front light is installed and wired to the battery. LED Rear light is not included and can be purchased
- Alarm is installed and wired to the battery. Warning: Alarm uses the battery energy. Storing the bike for months with the alarm ON should be avoided.
- Removable Kick Stand included
- Mud Guard is not included.
You may want to purchase:
About the M400 motor
VOLT boosts up the power from 13amps to 17amps and 48V to 52V. Now the motor pumps up to 90N.m of torque and 1000watts of power. VOLT also upgraded the firmware to support the throttle for the added convenience. However this motor is not suitable for throttle only riding. The top motor speed is around 40-45km on the flat roads but the e.bike law only allows for 25kmh.
The mid-drive motor measures sensors at pedals at a frequency of up to 80k Hz via a torque sensor and two speed sensors. The result is that "the harder you push , the more more power you get from the motor. The M400 Drive System puts the rider in complete control. In spite of the power, the motor operates in virtual silence. The modular motor design and integrated controller make disassembly easier and improve service.