BAFANG M615.G320.2000Watts MOTOR is manufactured by our contractor Bafang China -
Motor Code M615 G320 (Old Name BBSHD)
Australia's first mid drive 2000watts motor
- VOLT has now the exclusive access to the mighty 35amps for this model - peaking 2000watts with a 52v battery.
- VOLT re-tunes the controller setting with our "special source" for a more linear but powerful acceleration and lower the risk of a controller burn-out
- Be aware that due to the nearly 2000watts of power, abusive use may melt the nylon gear inside.
About G320 BBSHD Peaking 2000Watts
Q. Is this motor the same as the nominal 1000Watts 48V?
A. The motor hardware is the same. The difference is in the controller firmware. The stock version is 30Amps current while ours is the exclusive 35Amps. Thus, our motor pairing with a 52V battery is 25% more powerful than any stock version (48V) out there. Also, the torque is the whopping 180N.m comparing to 160N.m max on the stock version.
Q. Can I buy 52V batteries else where ?
A. Yes. However, our batteries are mapped, engineered & test in Australia and made by our own factory in China to ensure the safety
Q. Can I change the settings myself on my existing G320 BBSHD from 30 to 35Amps
A. No. It is not a setting via a programming cable. The change is set via re-writing the codes of the controller language (all 0 & 1s). VOLT has worked very hard to have successfully manipulated the controller firmware on our own. The performance is pleasing.
Q. Is BBSHD truly better than BBS
A. 100% so much better. We strongly recommend the BBSHD over BBS ( if you have to do a conversion). The motor is properly engineered in every way including heat management, gear design & the quality of the components. However, the best motor title goes to our VOLT re-tuned M620 G510 Peaking 2000watts with the torque sensor.
Q. What is the difference with peak power and nominal power ?
A. The nominal power (watts) is the stable average power out under a medium level of stress - like fast jogging. The peak power is like sprinting - the motor is giving what it has. Both numbers are important. VOLT calculates the peak power using fully charged 52v batteries.
Q. Why does VOLT do the adding high-temp grease, checking the screws as well as adding extra silicone water-sealing gel
A. They are extra work but worth it. Stock motors' grease is inadequate and more is required to make the gears running well longer. Some of the motors brand new out of the box have loose screws on them which worried us and prompted a mandatory check on all new motors. Lastly, water protection is important. Both of the controller and the core are sealed by a thin piece of rubber only. Adding extra gel around the rubber fills up the gap nicely so the motor can last longer in the rain.
Who are BAFANG ? Best & Only Powerful Mid Drive Motors
Most influential Brands of E.bike motors are Bosch (Germany), Brose (Germany), Shimano (Japan), Yamaha (Japan) and then the Bafang from China.
Bafang is the most reputable, experienced and "strongest" manufacturer in China and more importantly, the only and best high current / power electric motor producer in the world.
- We import directly from the factory (Suzhou, China)
- We rebuilt the motor with better greasing and quality check in Sydney.
- We tune the motor controller with our own tested settings for the performance our customers want.
- We own and operate our own lithium battery assembly factory in KunShan, China to guarantee that the final quality check is up to our standard.
- We are also capable to strip down the motor and battery for the servicing and repair. We stock all parts for our customers and dealers to provide our national support.
On the market, there are also hub motor E.bikes. No vehicles have motor in their wheels for a reason. The mid drive motor send the power through the chain to facilitate the 7-11 gears. Having gears is beneficial. Climbing hills is more efficient (or possible)
- Chainring 44T or 46T
- Speed sensor
- Pedal arms
- Thumb Throttle
- Small parts & cables
VOLT ALSO sells Industry leading 52V Battery/ Range
Pairing a 52Volts battery with a 48V motor has many benefits. It is like bring an adult to a teenage fight. The performance will be enhanced. The battery will bear less stress and produce less heat. The battery will remain potent longer.
VOLT batteries (so do most modern batteries) have a Battery-Management-System (BMS) chip to regular and balance the charing and discharging for both performance and longevity. But, our BMS chips (from Shenzhen) have already been tested to be efficient and enduring.
Down-tube Battery Options:
- (S) 10ah 52v 510watt-hour energy using CN cells. 2A charger / 6 hour charging time. Up to 50-60km
- (M) 12.5ah 52V 650watt-hour energy using CN cells. 2A charger / 7 hour charging time. Up to 60-80km
- (L) 14ah 52V 730watt-hour energy using Samsung cells. 5A charger / 3 hour charging time. Up to 80-90km
- (XL) 17.5ah 52v 910watt-hour energy using Samsung cells. 5A charger / 4 hour charging time. Up to 100-120km
For the reference, Bosch or Shimano battery pack is 500watt-hour 36V.
What's included in a battery pack ?
- Battery mount cradle
Call National Sales Manager: 0487 163 447