Why Nexus / Internal Gears?
- Single speed chain is thicker and strongest of all so it rarely gets snapped under extreme stress.
- There is no side-way chain movement going up and down the cassette. The chain stays on the bike almost forever.
- Internal gear system itself and the chain suffer from less tear and wear, last longer and require less maintenance.
- Internal gears can shift standing still without pedaling (at traffic lights)
- Simple selection 3 gears: climbing (not an issue when pairing any 1000W+ motor), cruising and downhill or speed.
On the other hand,
- Internal gear smash repair is more complicated - requiring experience.
- Internal gear is more costly
- Internal gear can also provide a rich range of gears especially the high end versions. However, it regardless produces less torque at the wheel than a 40T/42T sprocket can do.
In conclusion, In the context of super powerful e.bike riding, if a rider plans to tackle some super difficult mountain riding, a cassette system is still slightly better. For almost every other situation - internal gears are just better in terms of reliability, usage and appearance.
The wait is over.
VOLT "XT" 1600
Story: Designed, Engineered and Made in Australia
- From the concept to drawings and to testing, there was over 10 months of R&D on many E.Bike specific designs and parts.
- "E.bike specific" means better reliability, durability & performance enhancement.
- VOLT designed premium 6061 frame from a Taiwanese factory with the mind to be E Bike specific
- Thicker tubes for enhanced strength. Re-designed down-tube with flat surface to better stabilize the battery in motion
- Made in Taiwan Suspensions by DNM : front suspension, rear shock and drop-post
- Premium Schwalbe 2019 all new E.bike specific high-speed tyre for much better puncture protection and durability
- VOLT 2nd generation e.bike hydraulic brakes made by our motorbike manufacturer partner
- VOLT designed E.bike 50kmh-ready 6V LED lights wired to the battery with braking effect
- VOLT engineered chain guide "locks up" the KMC e.bike chain: you can go wild and the chain just stays on. Tested !
- VOLT team has taken our prototype for extensive test rides for 3 months (Manly, Blue mountains, Thredbo ..) to fine tune.
- Numerous changes (to better handle the power) were made to the final production version.
How does power of G510 feel comparing to the old G320/ BBSHD ?
- Trying is believing. "This motor equipped with the torque sensor just feels so much better" - Daniel Djoenaidi (Sydney)
- Bafang G510/M620 uses tri-sensors to assist your ride including torque sensor, speed sensor & cadence sensor.
- G510 produces higher real world torque. One will be utterly impressed by its real world uncompromising torque power!
- Industry-leading 52V Samsung pack battery power with a 45Amps BMS chip (the brain)
- "XT" is categorized as a super light full suspension electric dirt bike
Who put what on this bike ?
Each "XT" is hand-built by VOLT to our new 2019 manufacturing standard. Made in Australia.
CASSETTE VERSION. Users are almost required to have some mountain bike experience before to operate this "monster".
- M620 /G510 Drive System - Peak 1600W with 52 battery (off road enduro riding ONLY)
- Top Speed 50+ kmh. Real world test result with 2.6inch off road tyre on a full suspension.
- Battery - Downtube style with 3 bolts and soldered on holes to reduce the battery shake-ness.
- Hydraulic Brakes - VOLT custom made dual piston (2nd Generation) with reliable motor cut-off built-in sensors
- Wheels - Custom made VOLT Extra wide rim wheels with stainless steel spokes : Front thru axle 15mm. Rear QR.
- Tyre - Premium German SCHWALBE: Smart Sam Plus / Hans Dampf / Moto-X ...
- Tube - Self-repairing tube or Tubeless* set up with increased reliability
- Fork - DNM Thru axle 15mm front air suspension with 120mm or 160mm* travel and lockout
- Rear Shock - DNM AO 42RC with a lock out and with a 120mm travel
- Integrated Drop-post - DNM CSD with a handle release button - Super convenient *
- Dual Chain guide - VOLT designed CNC produced to Locks up the chain - every pro rider uses them*
VOLT Extras INCLUDED
- Removable Kick Stand - Heavy duty to support up tp 50kg - Important because of the added weight and delicate parts..
- Bright 50km 6V VOLT designed Front light wired into the battery and securely mounted on the bar
- Phone holder (Support 99% of phones) securely mounted in front of the bar to reduce unsafe head movement
Why Tubeless ?
- It has been around for many years. It offers better reliability - one less thing to break
- Riders still can put a tube in the tyre in an emergence.
- If offers low pressure high volume soft tyre riding for enhanced grips for "attacking" the corners
Luna Mate - Perth, WA
Call to arrange a local test ride - 08 9303 9582
SACRED RIDE - Thredbo, NSW
Call to arrange a local test ride - 02 6456 1988 / email@example.com
Electric Bike - Brisbane, QLD
Call to arrange a local test ride - 0418 724 534
Wheelie Amped - Canberra, ACT
Call & Email Us your interest in a local test ride - 0400 030 784
Interested in becoming our dealer ? Contact us at volt.eBike@gmail.com
Who are BAFANG ? Best & Only Powerful Mid Drive Motors
Most influential Brands of E.bike motors are Bosch (Germany), Brose (Germany), Shimano (Japan), Yamaha (Japan) and then the Bafang from China.
We have chosen Bafang for a few reasons. It is the most reputable, experienced and "strongest" manufacturer in China and more importantly, the only and best high current / power electric motor producer in the world.
- We import directly from the factory and we rebuilt the motor with better greasing and screws check in Sydney.
- We tune the motor controller with our own tested settings for the performance our customers want.
- We own and operate our own lithium battery assembly factory in KunShan, China to guarantee that the final quality check is up to our standard.
- We are also capable to strip down the motor and battery for the servicing and repair.
- We stock spare motor parts for our customers and dealers to provide our nation wide support.
On the market, there are also hub motor E.bikes. No vehicles have motor in their wheels for a reason. The mid drive motor send the power through the chain to facilitate the 7-11 gears. Having gears is beneficial. Climbing hills is more efficient (or possible)
Motor Name M620 Peaking 1600watts ( 1 year + old Model)
- Pedal Assist & throttle enabled BAFANG G510 motor.
- Peak 1600Watts 52V 30A. Programmed settings.
- Tri-sensors: Torque, Speed, Cadence
Please note Bafang Motor 250watts 350Watts 500Watts 750watts 1000watts are just stickers. We tune the "blank" motor core and thus setting the "watts" ourselves to any number - usually 250watts road legal nominal , 1000watts Peak or 1500watts Peak
Industry leading 52V Battery/ Range
Pairing a 52Volts battery with a 48V motor controller has numerous benefits. It is like bringing an adult to a teenage fight. The performance will be enhanced. The battery will bear less stress and produce less heat. The battery will remain potent for longer.
VOLT modern batteries have a Battery-Management-System (BMS) chip to regular and balance the charging and discharging for both performance and longevity. Our BMS chips (made in Shenzhen, China) are tested to be efficient and enduring.
Our range estimates are data collected from our customers. At the end of day, Battery watt-hour number is what's real.
Down-tube Battery Options:
- (L) 14ah 52V 730watt-hour energy using Samsung cells. 5A charger / 3 hour charging time. Up to 80-90km
- (XL) 17.5ah 52v 910watt-hour energy using Samsung cells. 5A charger / 4 hour charging time. Up to 100-120km
For the reference, Bosch or Shimano battery pack is 500watt-hour 36V.
What's included in a battery pack ?
- Battery mount cradle
Bicycle Size Question
Most motorcycles or scooters come in one size only. Ebikes with a powerful motor eliminate the need for different bicycle frame sizes. We mostly use M/L size frames but we can install shorter or longer stems to accommodate shorter and taller riders. Leave us a note when ordering.
The motor prefer a smaller 26inch wheel for the higher spinning speed but the (most) rider prefers a bigger 29inch/700c wheel for the pedaling speed. Thus, we settle down on 27.5inch wheels.
What makes us " Made in Australia"
We begun importing bike from China like most businesses. We used to check and rebuilt more than 50% of the "already built" bikes. Thus, we had the idea of hand-crafting e.bikes locally ourselves for an odd reason - to save time and money
Yes. All parts are imported from Asia/ Europe but many were to our requirements and design. We reflect on issues that thousands of our riders experienced. One example is that high-end bicycle parts are too fragile to bear the motor torque and "thicker" low end parts just do not perform well. To tackle the challenge, we have poured over a quarter of a million into custom making e.bike specific parts.
We believe what makes us "Made In Aus" is our engineering, assembly quality & service.
ABOUT the WARRANTY
- What is covered under our one year warranty
- The whole motor and battery system
- The frame and most bike parts
- What is not covered ?
- Brake Pads
- Cassete (if apply)
- Derailleur hanger
- Wheel Truing
- What will avoid the warranty ?
- Removing the off road speed limit of 50kmh
- Modifying the motor parts and controller on your own
- Modifying the our factory gear setting
- Water damage
- Any external accidental breakage to any part
TEXT or CALL National Sales Team - 0487 163 447