Featuring a purposely-built frame to house the battery and now the integrated and mid drive motor M400 with tri-sensors. This bike is clean, well thought and superb in motion.
The bike is designed to offer a new type of riding experience. Suspension in the seat post coupled with wide tyre offer the comfort for long riding. Integrated Motor and battery in a custom made frame shed off the cluster and focus on the scenery. Custom built front and rear braking lights along with powerful brakes offer the safety of a motorcycle.
Equipped with the Bafang road legal m400 system which uses tri-sensors to assist your ride including torque sensor, speed sensor & cadence sensor. Peaking around 900watts, its mid drive nature and torque sensor gives a solid performance at climbing the hills. This motor is capable producing 80N.M and is impressive - on bar with Bosch or Shimano motor power level.
We (VOLT) think E-Bikes created and belong to its own category. VOLT E.bikes are not trying to be bicycles nor motorbikes. They offer the all new experience for torque power lovers.
Why Nexus / Internal Gears?
- Single speed chain is thicker and strongest of all so it rarely gets snapped under extreme stress.
- There is no side-way chain movement going up and down the cassette. The chain stays on the bike almost forever.
- Internal gear system itself and the chain suffer from less tear and wear, last longer and require less maintenance.
- Internal gears can shift standing still without pedaling (at traffic lights)
- Simple selection 3 gears: climbing (not an issue when pairing any 1000W+ motor), cruising and downhill or speed.
On the other hand,
- Internal gear smash repair is more complicated - requiring experience.
- Internal gear is more costly
- Internal gear can also provide a rich range of gears especially the high end versions. However, it regardless produces less torque at the wheel than a 40T/42T sprocket can do.
In conclusion, if a rider plans to tackle some super difficult mountain riding, a cassette system is still slightly better. For almost every other situation - internal gears are just better in terms of reliability, usage and appearance.
Built to Order. Made in Australia
Proudly VOLT E. with two year warranty on the M400 E Bike system
Standard Version. Road Legal.
- M400 Bafang Motor with tri-sensors - Peak around 800Watts. 48V.
- Front ChainRing 38T. Off road top speed 45kmh.
- Gears - 1 x 3 Speeds Shimano Nexus Internal Gears
- Gear Sensor - included to cut the motor power to protect the chain and cassette
- Brakes - Custom made HYDRAULIC Brakes with reliable built in power cut-off sensor
- Wheels - Custom made VOLT Extra wide rim wheels (Stronger) with stainless steel 27.5inch
- Tyre - SCHWALBE Premium German Tyre
- Fork - Custom made Coil Suspension 100mm Travel with Lock out
- Kick Stand INCLUDED - Heavy duty to support up tp 50kg - Important because of the added weight and delicate parts.
- Satori Seat Post Suspension is highly recommended for extra comfort.
- Super Bright 6V VOLT designed Front light wired into the battery and securely mounted on the bar for the convenience
- V. Designed Phone holder (Support 99% of phones) securely mounted in front of the bar to reduce unsafe head movement
- Shipping Size: 155cm x 80cm x 28cm
Electric Bike - Brisbane, QLD
Call to arrange a local test ride - 0418 724 534
Sydney Electric bike - SYDNEY (Exclusive)
TEXT to arrange a local test ride - 0411 897 760 (Jake) - Quote VOLT spark test ride
Who are BAFANG ? Best & Only Powerful Mid Drive Motors
Most influential Brands of E.bike motors are Bosch (Germany), Brose (Germany), Shimano (Japan), Yamaha (Japan) and then the Bafang from China.
We have chosen Bafang for a few reasons. It is the most reputable, experienced and "strongest" manufacturer in China and more importantly, the only and best high current / power electric motor producer in the world.
- We import directly from the factory and we rebuilt the motor with better greasing and screws check in Sydney.
- We tune the motor controller with our own tested settings for the performance our customers want.
- We own and operate our own lithium battery assembly factory in KunShan, China to guarantee that the final quality check is up to our standard.
- We are also capable to strip down the motor and battery for the servicing and repair.
- We stock spare motor parts for our customers and dealers to provide our nation wide support.
On the market, there are also hub motor E.bikes. No vehicles have motor in their wheels for a reason. The mid drive motor send the power through the chain to facilitate the 7-11 gears. Having gears is beneficial. Climbing hills is more efficient (or possible)
Motor Name M400.G340 Peaking 800watts ( 4 year + old Model)
- Pedal Assist & throttle enabled BAFANG G340 motor.
- Peak 800Watts 48V 17A. Programmed settings.
- Tri-sensors: Torque, Speed, Cadence
Please note Bafang Motor 250watts 350Watts 500Watts 750watts 1000watts are just stickers. We tune the "blank" motor core and thus setting the "watts" ourselves to any number - usually 250watts road legal nominal , 1000watts Peak or 1500watts Peak
Engineered In Australia 48V Battery/ Range
VOLT modern batteries have a Battery-Management-System (BMS) chip to regular and balance the charing and discharging for both performance and longevity. Our BMS chips (Made in Shenzhen, China) have already been tested for efficiency and endurance. Our batteries also have a cell divider for separate each battery cell for safety and stability.
Our range estimates are data collected from our customers and are not random numbers. At the end of day, Battery watt-hour number is what's real.
"Spark" uses 48V integrated batteries (not 52V)
- 12.5Ah 48V CN Cells 600Wh. On average riders can get up to 60km range
- 17.5Ah 48V Samsung Cells 840Wh. Up to 100Km Range.
- 21ah 48V Panasonic Cells 1000Wh. Up to 140Km Range. Please be aware this case is physically larger than other two sizes.
For the reference, Bosch or Shimano battery pack is 500watt-hour 36V.
What's included in a battery pack ?
- Battery mount cradle
Bicycle Size & Gear Question
Most motorcycles or scooters come in one size only. Ebikes with a powerful motor eliminate the need for different bicycle frame sizes. We use L size frames but we can install shorter or longer stems to accommodate shorter and taller riders. Leave us a note when ordering.
Similarly, most cars or motorcycles would not have more than 5 gears, it is true for ebikes as well. E-bikes actually do not need more than 5. We have chosen 8/9 speeds because no manufacturer is making 5 speeds drive systems.
With the chain dropping off the bike issue, opting for an internal gear system is a solution. A VOLT chain guide is the only real solution to make the chain staying on the front chain ring.
What makes us " Made in Australia"
We begun importing bike from China like most businesses. We used to check and rebuilt more than 50% of the "already built" bikes. Thus, we had the idea of hand-crafting e.bikes locally ourselves for an odd reason - to save time and money
Yes. All parts are imported from Asia/ Europe but many were to our requirements and design. We reflect on issues that thousands of our riders experienced. One example is that high-end bicycle parts are too fragile to bear the motor torque and "thicker" low end parts just do not perform well. To tackle the challenge, we have poured over a quarter of a million into custom making e.bike specific parts.
We believe what makes us "Made In Aus" is our engineering, assembly quality & service.
TEXT or CALL National Sales Team - 0487 163 447