In Stock Now. (2019) Only 4 frames left. :)
The first 100 frames (2nd Generation) have been sold out for 2018 ! Thank you so much for the support. We are super pleased that our product has been recognized by people in Australia.
Featuring purposely-built frame to house the battery and now the integrated and almighty mid drive motor M620 (G510) with tri-sensors. This bike is clean, well thought and superb in motion.
The bike is designed to offer a new type of vehicle experience. Suspension in the seat post coupled with wide tyre offer the comfort for long riding. Integrated Motor and battery in a custom made frame shed off the cluster and focus on the scenery. Custom built front and rear braking lights along with powerful brakes offer the safety of a motorcycle.
VOLT ST rides like a motorcycle in a minimalist & the lightest way. We think E-Bikes created and belong to its own category. They offer that all new experience of high torque E-power
How does power of G510 feel comparing to the old G320/ BBSHD ?
- Trying is believing. Motors equipped with the torque sensor just feel so much better.
- Bafang G510/M620 which uses tri-sensors to assist your ride including torque sensor, speed sensor & cadence sensor.
- G510 produces higher real world torque. Peaking around 1600watts, its mid drive nature gives a killer performance.
- Numbers can only go so far. One will be utterly impressed by its real world uncompromising torque power!
- Industry-leading 52V Samsung pack battery power with a 45Amps BMS chip (the brain)
- "XT" is categorized as a super light full suspension electric dirt bike
Who put what on the bike ?
Each "ST" is hand-built by VOLT to our new 2019 manufacturing standard. Made in Australia.
This listing is a CASSETTE VERSION. Users are almost required to have some mountain bike experience before;
Premium Version （2019 Cassette Version) Up to 14 days of processing time;
- M620 Drive System - Peak 1600W with 52V battery (OFF ROAD Enduro Riding ONLY)
- Top Speed 55+ kmh
- Gears - 1 x 7 Shimano Alivio with 11T blocked to reduce the stress on the motor.
- Cassette - 13T - 34T Shimano Cassete HG51
- Chain - KMC chain X8
- Hydraulic Brakes - VOLT custom made with reliable built-in sensors
- Wheels - Custom made VOLT extra wide rim (stronger) wheels : Front thru axle 15mm. Rear QR.
- Tyre - SCHWALBE Premium tyre
- Fork - VOLT Thru axle 15mm Front AIR SUSPENSION with 120mm travel and lockout
- Shipping Size: 145cm x 80cm x 20cm
- Kick Stand INCLUDED - Heavy duty to support up tp 50kg - Important because of the added weight and delicate parts.
- Satori Seat Post Suspension INCLUDED is highly recommended for extra comfort.
- Suntour Superb Seat Post Suspension for people who wishes for "the best"
- Super Bright 6V VOLT designed INCLUDED Front light wired into the battery & mounted on the bar for the convenience
- V. Designed Phone holder INCLUDED securely mounted in front of the bar to reduce unsafe head movement
Why blocking gears ?
- Power eliminates the need for too many gears being put in limited space. We block gears for important reasons.
- The lowest gear (closest to the hub) pulls the chain off centre too much to handle the 160N.m of torque.
- Blocking the lowest gear also prevents the chain from falling into the wheel hub and break bike parts apart.
- The more powerful the motor is, the more dangerous the chain falling off the ring is
- We block the highest 11-teeth because this sprocket can not handle the power - have you tried a pull-up with two fingers ?
- The more cogs the sprocket has, the stronger and safe grip it has on the chain
Why Tubeless ?
- It has been around for many years. It offers more reliability - one less annoying thing to break
- Riders still can put a tube in the tyre in an emergence.
- If offers low pressure high volume soft tyre riding for enhanced grips for "attacking" the corners
Luna Mate - Perth, WA
Call to arrange a local test ride - 08 9303 9582
SACRED RIDE - Thredbo, NSW
Call to arrange a local test ride - 02 6456 1988 / email@example.com
Electric Bike - Brisbane, QLD
Call to arrange a local test ride - 0418 724 534
Wheelie Amped - Canberra, ACT
Call & Email Us your interest in a local test ride - 0400 030 784
Interested in becoming our dealer ? Contact us at volt.eBike@gmail.com
Who are BAFANG ? Best & Only Powerful Mid Drive Motors
Most influential Brands of E.bike motors are Bosch (Germany), Brose (Germany), Shimano (Japan), Yamaha (Japan) and then the Bafang from China.
We have chosen Bafang for a few reasons. It is the most reputable, experienced and "strongest" manufacturer in China and more importantly, the only and best high current / power electric motor producer in the world.
- We import directly from the factory and we rebuilt the motor with better greasing and screws check in Sydney.
- We tune the motor controller with our own tested settings for the performance our customers want.
- We own and operate our own lithium battery assembly factory in KunShan, China to guarantee that the final quality check is up to our standard.
- We are also capable to strip down the motor and battery for the servicing and repair.
- We stock spare motor parts for our customers and dealers to provide our nation wide support.
On the market, there are also hub motor E.bikes. No vehicles have motor in their wheels for a reason. The mid drive motor send the power through the chain to facilitate the 7-11 gears. Having gears is beneficial. Climbing hills is more efficient (or possible)
Motor Name M620 Peaking 1600watts ( 1 year + old Model)
- Pedal Assist & throttle enabled BAFANG G510 motor.
- Peak 1600Watts 52V 30A. Programmed settings.
- Tri-sensors: Torque, Speed, Cadence
Please note Bafang Motor 250watts 350Watts 500Watts 750watts 1000watts are just stickers. We tune the "blank" motor core and thus setting the "watts" ourselves to any number - usually 250watts road legal nominal , 1000watts Peak or 1500watts Peak
Engineered In Australia 48V Battery/ Range
VOLT modern batteries have a Battery-Management-System (BMS) chip to regular and balance the charing and discharging for both performance and longevity. Our BMS chips (Made in Shenzhen, China) have already been tested to be efficient and enduring.
Our range estimates are data collected from our customers and are not random numbers. At the end of day, Battery watt-hour number is what's real.
"Spark" uses 48V integrated batteries (not 52V)
- 12.5Ah 48V CN Cells 600Wh. On average, riders can get up to 60km range
- 17.5Ah 48V Samsung Cells 840Wh. Up to 100Km Range.
- 21ah 48V Panasonic Cells 1000Wh. Up to 140Km Range. Please be aware this case is physically larger than other two sizes.
For the reference, Bosch or Shimano battery pack is 500watt-hour 36V.
What's included in a battery pack ?
- Battery mount cradle
Bicycle Size Question
Most motorcycles or scooters come in one size only. Ebikes with a powerful motor eliminate the need for different bicycle frame sizes. We mostly use M/L size frames but we can install shorter or longer stems to accommodate shorter and taller riders. Leave us a note when ordering.
The motor prefer a smaller 26inch wheel for the higher spinning speed but the (most) rider prefers a bigger 29inch/700c wheel for the pedaling speed. Thus, we settle down on 27.5inch wheels.
What makes us " Made in Australia"
We begun importing bike from China like most businesses. We used to check and rebuilt more than 50% of the "already built" bikes. Thus, we had the idea of hand-crafting e.bikes locally ourselves for an odd reason - to save time and money
Yes. All parts are imported from Asia/ Europe but many were to our requirements and design. We reflect on issues that thousands of our riders experienced. One example is that high-end bicycle parts are too fragile to bear the motor torque and "thicker" low end parts just do not perform well. To tackle the challenge, we have poured over a quarter of a million into custom making e.bike specific parts.
We believe what makes us "Made In Aus" is our engineering, assembly quality & service.
ABOUT the WARRANTY
- What is covered under our one year warranty
- The whole motor and battery system
- The frame and most bike parts
- What is not covered ?
- Brake Pads
- Cassete (if apply)
- Derailleur hanger
- Wheel Truing
- What will avoid the warranty ?
- Removing the off road speed limit of 50kmh
- Modifying the motor parts and controller on your own
- Modifying the our factory gear setting
- Water damage
- Any external accidental breakage to any part
TEXT or CALL National Sales Team - 0487 163 447