Volt eBike has brought you the fat bike of your dream. Powerful mid drive motor. Integrated battery pack. Purposely built frame. Meticously built in Sydney.
Built to Order ( 2 - 7 days ) Made in Australia
- Motor - M615 G320 / old name BBSHD Mid Drive Motor
- Gears - 1 x 8 Speeds Shimano Alivio System with KMC X8 chain
- Hydraulic Brakes - VOLT E-Brakes with built in cut off sensors
- Wheels - Custom made VOLT Fat wheels
- Tyre - Premium SCHWALBE TL Ready 26 x 4.0 Tyre
- Fork - VOLT AIR 120mm Suspension or DNM 120mm inverted Suspension
- Seat - Gel seat + Satori Seat suspension
- Kick Stand INCLUDED - Heavy duty to support up tp 50kg - Important because of the added weight and delicate parts.
- Satori Seat Post Suspension is highly recommended to replace stock rigid post for commuting with extra comfort.
- Super Bright 6V VOLT designed Front light wired into the battery and securely mounted on the bar for the convenience
- V. Designed Phone holder (Support 99% of phones) securely mounted in front of the bar to reduce unsafe head movement
Melbourne Test Ride Location
Coming in Jan 2019
Brisbane Test Ride
Contact Michael Brisbane E.bike / Quote VOLT E.bike Test Ride: +61 418 724 534
Who are BAFANG ? Best & Only Powerful Mid Drive Motors
Most influential Brands of E.bike motors are Bosch (Germany), Brose (Germany), Shimano (Japan), Yamaha (Japan) and then the Bafang from China.
We have chosen Bafang for a few reasons. It is the most reputable, experienced and "strongest" manufacturer in China and more importantly, the only and best high current / power electric motor producer in the world.
- We import directly from the factory and we rebuilt the motor with better greasing and screws check in Sydney.
- We tune the motor controller with our own tested settings for the performance our customers want.
- We own and operate our own lithium battery assembly factory in KunShan, China to guarantee that the final quality check is up to our standard.
- We are also capable to strip down the motor and battery for the servicing and repair.
- We stock spare motor parts for our customers and dealers to provide our nation wide support.
On the market, there are also hub motor E.bikes. No vehicles have motor in their wheels for a reason. The mid drive motor send the power through the chain to facilitate the 7-11 gears. Having gears is beneficial. Climbing hills is more efficient (or possible)
Motor Name M215 Peaking 1000watts ( 8 years + old Model) Out of the date name BBS02B
- Pedal Assist & throttle enabled BAFANG G340 motor.
- Peak 1000Watts 52V 24A. Programmed settings.
- Top Speed around 40-45kmh.
- Brake Sensor and gear sensor are now included.
Motor Name M615 Peaking 1500Watts (4 years + old model) Out of the date name BBSHD
- Pedal Assist & throttle enabled BAFANG G320 motor
- You should know this motor was completely re-engineered and improved over the older M215. Better in every way.
- Peak 1500Watts 48V 30A. Programed settings.
- Top Speed 50-55Kmh.
- Brake Sensor & Gear sensor are now included
Please note Bafang Motor 250watts 350Watts 500Watts 750watts 1000watts are just stickers. We tune the "blank" motor core and thus setting the "watts" ourselves to any number - usually 250watts road legal nominal , 1000watts Peak or 1500watts Peak
Engineered In Australia 48V Battery/ Range
VOLT modern batteries have a Battery-Management-System (BMS) chip to regular and balance the charing and discharging for both performance and longevity. Our BMS chips (Made in Shenzhen, China) have already been tested to be efficient and enduring.
Our range estimates are data collected from our customers and are not random numbers. At the end of day, Battery watt-hour number is what's real.
Spark" uses 48V integrated batteries (not 52V)
- 12.5Ah 48V CN Cells 600Wh. On average riders can get up to 60km range
- 17.5Ah 48V Samsung Cells 840Wh. Up to 100Km Range.
- 21ah 48V Panasonic Cells 1000Wh. Up to 140Km Range. Please be aware this case is physically larger than other two sizes.
For the reference, Bosch or Shimano battery pack is 500watt-hour 36V.
What's included in a battery pack ?
- Battery mount cradle
Bicycle Size & Gear Question
Most motorcycles or scooters come in one size only. Ebikes with a powerful motor eliminate the need for different bicycle frame sizes. We use L size frames but we can install shorter or longer stems to accommodate shorter and taller riders. Leave us a note.
Similarly, most cars or motorcycles would not have more than 5 gears, it is true for ebikes as well. E-bikes actually do not need more than 5. We have chosen 8/9 speeds because no manufacturer is making 5 speeds drive systems.
VOLT Chain guide is the ultimate solution to keep the chain stay on the chainring. Expensive Aftermarket Lekkie Bling rings are not effective. Also, all newer version Bafang motors come with narrow wide chainrings by default. Hence, we highly recommend the chain guide to prevent chain falling off and get sucked into any gaps and break things apart especially under the full motor power.
What makes us " Made in Australia"
We often see disbelief in people's expression. Our first batch of generic e.bikes imported from Hangzhou, China had so many small issues. We pretty much rebuilt every one of them. Thus, we had the idea of hand-crafting e.bikes locally ourselves for an odd reason - to save time and money
Yes. All parts are imported from Asia/ Euro but many were to our requirements and design. And what we want to see from the parts is a reflection of we have learnt from hand-building over 1000+ e.bikes and innate issues surrounding e.bikes. One example is that high-end bicycle parts are too fragile to bear the motor torque and "thicker" low end parts just do not perform well. We have poured over a quarter of a million into custom making e.bike specific parts.
We believe what makes us "Made In Aus" is our engineering, assembly quality & service.
TEXT or CALL National Sales Team - 0487 163 447