Norco Storm designed in Canada now custom rebuilt by VOLT is a perfect entry electric bike. It is a strong and rigid bike as what it is. Ideal for commuters, delivery people who are looking for a budget but reliable E. Bike.
Why this bike ?
- Australia's most affordable mid drive electric bike with suspension and hydraulic brake
- Available in all sizes and various colours
- Decent components for most uses
- Rider can maintain a top speed of 40kmh with little effort
Built to Order ( 2 - 7 days )
- M215 Mid Drive Motor System with C965 Multifunctional Display - Speed, Range, Battery life... / old name BBS0102B
- Front Suspension - Hydraulic Coil system - Necessary for a bike weighing nearly 23-25kg.
- Gear - modified 1 x 7 Speeds Shimano System (with 11T blocked)
- Front Chain guide to "lock" chain on the chainring. VOLT e.bikes rarely have the chain dropping issues
- Gear Sensor - INCLUDED to cut the motor power and protect the chain and drive system when shifting
- Front Brake - Hydraulic Oil Brakes with motor cut off sensor.
- Rear Brake - Either modified hydraulic brake with sensor attached or Mechanical Disk Brakes with built in sensor
- Wheels - 27.5 WTB quality Norco wheels
- Tyre - 27.5 x 2.0 WTB tyre / Schwalbe Tyre Upgrade avail
- Kick Stand INCLUDED - Heavy duty to support up tp 50kg - Important because of the added weight and delicate parts.
- Satori Seat Post Suspension is highly recommended to replace stock rigid post for commuting with extra comfort.
- Super Bright 6V VOLT designed Front light wired into the battery and securely mounted on the bar for the convenience
- V. Designed Phone holder (Support 99% of phones) securely mounted in front of the bar to reduce unsafe head movement
Brisbane Test Ride (N1000 Demo bike is available for viewing and test ride in Brisbane)
Contact Michael Brisbane E.bike / Quote VOLT E.bike Test Ride: +61 418 724 534
Melbourne Test Ride Location
Coming in Jan 2019
Who are BAFANG ? Best & Only Powerful Mid Drive Motors
Most influential Brands of E.bike motors are Bosch (Germany), Brose (Germany), Shimano (Japan), Yamaha (Japan) and then the Bafang from China.
We have chosen Bafang for a few reasons. It is the most reputable, experienced and "strongest" manufacturer in China and more importantly, the only and best high current / power electric motor producer in the world.
- We import directly from the factory and we rebuilt the motor with better greasing and screws check in Sydney.
- We tune the motor controller with our own tested settings for the performance our customers want.
- We own and operate our own lithium battery assembly factory in KunShan, China to guarantee that the final quality check is up to our standard.
- We are also capable to strip down the motor and battery for the servicing and repair.
- We stock spare motor parts for our customers and dealers to provide our nation wide support.
On the market, there are also hub motor E.bikes. No vehicles have motor in their wheels for a reason. The mid drive motor send the power through the chain to facilitate the 7-11 gears. Having gears is beneficial. Climbing hills is more efficient (or possible)
Motor Name M215 G340 Peaking 1000watts ( 8 years + old Model) Out of the date name BBS02B
- Pedal Assist & throttle enabled BAFANG G340 motor.
- Peak 1000Watts 52V 24A. Programmed settings.
- Top Speed around 40-45kmh.
- Brake Sensor and gear sensor are now included.
Motor Name M615 G320 Peaking 1500Watts (4 years + old model) Out of the date name BBSHD
- Pedal Assist & throttle enabled BAFANG G320 motor
- You should know this motor was completely re-engineered and improved over the older M215. Better in every way.
- Peak 1500Watts 48V 30A. Programed settings.
- Top Speed 50-55Kmh.
- Brake Sensor & Gear sensor are now included
Please note Bafang Motor 250watts 350Watts 500Watts 750watts 1000watts are just stickers. We tune the "blank" motor core and thus setting the "watts" ourselves to any number - usually 250watts road legal nominal , 1000watts Peak or 1500watts Peak
Industry leading 52V Battery/ Range
Pairing a 52Volts battery with a 48V motor controller has numerous benefits. It is like bringing an adult to a teenage fight. The performance will be enhanced. The battery will bear less stress and produce less heat. The battery will remain potent for longer.
VOLT modern batteries have a Battery-Management-System (BMS) chip to regular and balance the charging and discharging for both performance and longevity. Our BMS chips (made in Shenzhen, China) are tested to be efficient and enduring.
Our range estimates are data collected from our customers. At the end of day, Battery watt-hour number is what's real.
Down-tube Battery Options:
- (L) 14ah 52V 730watt-hour energy using Samsung cells. 5A charger / 3 hour charging time. Up to 80-90km
- (XL) 17.5ah 52v 910watt-hour energy using Samsung cells. 5A charger / 4 hour charging time. Up to 100-120km
For the reference, Bosch or Shimano battery pack is 500watt-hour 36V.
What's included in a battery pack ?
- Battery mount cradle
Bicycle Size Question
Most motorcycles or scooters come in one size only. Ebikes with a powerful motor eliminate the need for different bicycle frame sizes. We mostly use M/L size frames but we can install shorter or longer stems to accommodate shorter and taller riders. Leave us a note when ordering.
The motor prefer a smaller 26inch wheel for the higher spinning speed but the (most) rider prefers a bigger 29inch/700c wheel for the pedaling speed. Thus, we settle down on 27.5inch wheels.
What makes us " Made in Australia"
We begun importing bike from China like most businesses. We used to check and rebuilt more than 50% of the "already built" bikes. Thus, we had the idea of hand-crafting e.bikes locally ourselves for an odd reason - to save time and money
Yes. All parts are imported from Asia/ Europe but many were to our requirements and design. We reflect on issues that thousands of our riders experienced. One example is that high-end bicycle parts are too fragile to bear the motor torque and "thicker" low end parts just do not perform well. To tackle the challenge, we have poured over a quarter of a million into custom making e.bike specific parts.
We believe what makes us "Made In Aus" is our engineering, assembly quality & service.
ABOUT the WARRANTY
- What is covered under our one year warranty
- The whole motor and battery system
- The frame and most bike parts
- What is not covered ?
- Brake Pads
- Cassete (if apply)
- Derailleur hanger
- Wheel Truing
- Motor core burn out
- What will avoid the warranty ?
- Removing the off road speed limit of 50kmh
- Modifying the motor parts and controller on your own
- Modifying the our factory gear setting
- Water damage
- Any external accidental breakage to any part
TEXT or CALL National Sales Team - 0487 163 447