Volt's team went through a tremendous amount of effort to design and built VOLT's first "born to be electric bike" eBike - a stylish commuting bike. It is a truly city warrior that can take on all type of roads, parks & even light off road use.
Each bike is meticulously built in house in Sydney. The battery is nicely housed into the frame so it is sturdy & sleek.
Built to Order ( 2 - 7 days )
Commuter - 27.5inch wheels
- Rear 7 or 8 Speeds System - Shimano M310 Shifter & Derailleur, Taiwan YBN Chain, Shimano Cassete 11-32T
- Hydraulic Brakes Shimano M355.
- Wheels - 27.5inch MTB wheels & KENDA 27.5 x 1.75 City Tyre (Contact us if you prefer Maxxis off road tyre)
- 100mm Coil Front Suspension
Commuter - Premium 27.5inch wheels
- Rear 8 Speeds System - Shimano M360 Shifter & Derailleur, Shimano IG51 Chain, Shimano HG51-8 11-32T
- Hydraulic Brakes Shimano Deore M506.
- Wheels - Exotic 27.5inch RC5 wheels & SCHWALBE Big Ben wide 27.5 x 2.4 City Tyre (Very nice tyre. Contact us if you prefer SCHWALBE off road tyre)
- 120mm AIR Shock Front Suspension
- VOLT TS 250Watts 48V (Intuitive Torque Sensor System) Road legal
- Bafang 250watts 48V (Throttle included)(350W programmed to 250w road legal)
- Bafang 500watts 48V (Throttle included. Brake Sensor included)
- Bafang 750watts 48V (Throttle included. Brake Sensor included. Gear sensor included )
- Bafang 1000watts 48V (New Model) (Throttle included. Brake sensor included. Gear sensor included)
We have two types of motors. TS Torque sensor mid drive motors measure the weight on the pedals - the harder you push, the more power the motor provides. This type of motor "knows" what you are doing with the bike - an intuitive way to power your journey. It is also street legal.
Bafang is the industry leader when it comes to high power off-road mid drive motors. It senses the moving pedals, it kicks in after a quarter of a circle (1/4).
A common question is which motor should I choose. Even a 250W mid drive at the lowest bicycle gear offers a very helpful amount of "Torque Push". Therefore, in general, 36v system is enough commuting power for people weigh under 100kgs. 48v system or 52V offer significantly more power for off road fun. Some people care much about top speeds. Others like us find the 0 to 25+kmh acceleration far more enjoyable.
Off Road Motor only Top Speeds (Data collected on flat Syd Roads. Rider 80kgs. For reference only)
- 250watts 36V - 32kmh
- 500watts 36V - 42kmh
- 500watts 48V - 45kmh
- 750watts 48V - 50kmh
- 1000watts 48v - 54kmh
- 750watts 52V - 53kmh
- 1000watts 52v - 58kmh
It is pretty easy to choose a battery. The bigger, the better. The higher the voltage, the better
- 13ah 48v Samsung cells. 2A charger / 7 hour charging time. Up to 60-80km
- 17.5ah 48v Samsung cells. 5A charger / 3.5 hour charging time. Up to 80-100km
Please go to "Accessories Page" for these items
- Hydraulic Brake sensor ! (Cutting power when braking. Recommended for Bafang motors)
- Gear protection sensor ! (Cutting power when shifting. Recommended for Bafang motors)
- Large LED lights
- Mud guards
- Kick stand
Why Mid Drive?
Hub motors inside of wheels are more popular because they are cheap. But wheels with hub motors make the bike rolling resistance higher, turning resistance higher & off road riding feels silly.
Mid Drive motor is a great modern eBike invention which actually connects the motor power to the rear bike gears! This idea that a bicycle can have motor-connected manual gear system is fantastic.
Volt eBike Systems are professionally installed and tested by qualified engineers in Sydney with one year standard warranty on the motor and battery.
Volt eBikes are the best 'bang for the buck' electric bikes in Australia. Call 0434 065 129