VOLT ELECTRIC BIKES have introduced a new series of conversion ready / semi completed bikes for customer who wish to build an ebike themselves. "Matt Black" is one of our most popular models.
Built to Order (2-7 days)
We custom built each and every single our customer's bike in Australia. If you are overwhelmed with our options, you can always give us a call about what exactly you prefer.
Commuter - 27.5 (wheel size) or 700C (wheel size)
- 8 Speeds System - Shimano M310 Shifter & Derailleur, Shimano HG51 Chain, Shimano Cassete HG31-8 11-32T
- e-Hydraulic Brakes with built in motor cut-out sensors - with 160mm front & 160mm back.
- Wheels - 27.5inch MTB wheels & KENDA 27.5 x 1.75 City Tyre or 700C wheels & kenda 28 x 2.0 City Tyre
- Front Suspension 100mm Coil
Premium Commuter - 27.5 x 2.4
- 8 Speeds System - Shimano M410 Shifter & Derailleur, Shimano IG51, Shimano HG51-8 Cassete 11-32T
- Hydraulic Brakes - Shimano M355 with 180mm front & 160mm back.
- Wheels - Premium hub wheels & SCHWALBE MOTO-X 27.5 x 2.4 City Tyre
- Front 120mm Travel Air Shock Suspension
There is no motor and battery included.
- VOLT TS 250Watts 48V (Intuitive Torque Sensor System) Road legal
- Bafang 250watts 48V (Throttle included)(350W programmed to 250w road legal)
- Bafang 500watts 48V (Throttle included. Brake Sensor included)
- Bafang 750watts 48V (Throttle included. Brake Sensor included. Gear sensor included )
- Bafang 1000watts 48V (New Model) (Throttle included. Brake sensor included. Gear sensor included)
We have two types of motors. TS Torque sensor mid drive motors measure the weight on the pedals - the harder you push, the more power the motor provides. This type of motor "knows" what you are doing with the bike - an intuitive way to power your journey. It is also street legal.
Bafang is the industry leader when it comes to high power off-road mid drive motors. It senses the moving pedals, it kicks in after a quarter of a circle (1/4).
A common question is which motor should I choose. If you weigh under 120kg, even a 250W mid drive at low gears can give you a significant boost up the hill. However, off road motors offer a tremendous amount of power.
Off Road Motor only Top Speeds (Data collected on flat Syd Roads. Rider 80kgs. For reference only)
- 250watts 36V - 32kmh
- 500watts 36V - 42kmh
- 500watts 48V - 45kmh
- 750watts 48V - 50kmh
- 1000watts 48v - 54kmh
- 750watts 52V - 53kmh
- 1000watts 52v - 58kmh
It is pretty easy to choose a battery. The bigger, the better. The higher the voltage, the better
- 11.6ah 48v LG cells. 2A charger / 6 hour charging time. Up to 50-70km
- 14ah 48v Samsung cells. 2A charger / 7 hour charging time. Up to 60-80km
- 17.5ah 48v Samsung cells. 5A charger / 3.5 hour charging time. Up to 80-100km
- 17.5ah 52v Samsung cells. 5A charger / 4 hour charging time. Up to 90-110km
Please go to "Accessories Page" for these items
- Hydraulic Brake sensor ! (Cutting power when braking. Recommended for Bafang motors)
- Gear protection sensor ! (Cutting power when shifting. Recommended for Bafang motors)
- Large LED lights
- Mud guards
- Kick stand
Why Mid Drive?
Hub motors inside of wheels are more popular because they are cheap. But wheels with hub motors make the bike rolling resistance higher, turning resistance higher & off road riding feels silly.
Mid Drive motor is a great modern eBike invention which actually connects the motor power to the rear bike gears! This idea that a bicycle can have motor-connected manual gear system is fantastic.
Volt eBike Systems are professionally installed and tested by qualified engineers in Sydney with one year standard warranty on the motor and battery.
Volt eBikes are the best 'bang for the buck' electric bikes in Australia.
Call National Sales Manager: 0487 163 447